R. Townley Paton SocietyDr. R. Townley Paton was the founder and driving force behind the first eye bank established in the United States in 1944. The Paton Society was formed in 1985 to honor him and to provide a link between the Eye Bank Association of America and corneal surgeons. Each year, the Paton Society bestows the prestigous Paton Society Award upon an ophthalmologist. The Paton Award is the EBAA's highest honor for corneal physicians, and is presented annually to an ophthalmologist in recognition of his/her outstanding contribution to the EBAA's development and for exemplifying the precepts of R. Townley Paton, M.D., the father of modern eye banking and the founder of the first eye bank established in the United States.
To activate your membership select the appropriate link below.
Become a Paton Society Member
Benefits of Membership
- Discounted Registration to the EBAA/Cornea Society Fall Educational Symposium
- Discounted Registration to the EBAA's Annual Meeting
- Complimentary Subscription to CORNEA journal.
- Access to the EBAA Website's Members Section.
- Updates on legislative and regulatory issues.
- Complimentary EBAA Medical Standards and Advisories.
- Annual Statistical Report on eye banking and corneal transplantation.